Cookies are small pieces of information that are saved onto the device from which the Service is accessed and which allow CURIOSIFY to provide certain services such as the ability to recall certain aspects of your most recent content search so that subsequent searches will be faster. Cookies can be removed from your device if you so desire. Most browsers will automatically accept Cookies. However, you can change the settings of your device to prevent Cookies being saved or to remove Cookies which may already be present on your device. Most of the services of our Website can be used without Cookies.
CURIOSIFY uses its own Cookies and Third Party Cookies as follows:
- Cookies which are strictly necessary to provide a service expressly requested by the user: Specifically, CURIOSIFY uses the necessary cookies to save a User’s login.
- Session Cookies: These Cookies are saved and valid for a fixed period of time only, that is, until the user quits navigating or using the Service. These Cookies do not permanently save any information onto your device. Navigation Cookies: The primary objective of these Cookies is to avoid offering you recommendations which are unrelated to your areas of interest, as well as to provide you with targeted and personalized commercial offers.
- Navigation Cookies function by temporarily tracking your Internet navigation. You can remove this type of cookie before starting a navigation session in the Service
- Statistical Cookies or Analysis Cookies: These Cookies provide
the following information:
- The dates and times of your visits to the Service
- Your access to content during your visits to the Service
These Cookies are designed to
personalize the Service, improve the user experience, create separate profiles
of user activity on the websites, and generate statistics on user activity
within the Platform. This allows us to focus our efforts on improving the areas
most frequently visited by users as well as help users find what they need more
CURIOSIFY may use the information regarding your visit to perform assessments and generate statistics using anonymized data, as well as to ensure uninterrupted service or to make improvements to the Service. This information will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever. All of these purposes are deemed to be non-intrusive of Users’ personal and private lives.
- Cookies from social networks: Specifically, Twitter Badge and Facebook Connect which control interaction with the widgets from these external social networks. Through the use of Social Plugins, the Platform interacts with the Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest networks to allow you to share content you find interesting with your social circles. Furthermore, the use of Social Plugins saves you from having to provide the Platform with your personal login information to fetch information already shared within the scope of said social networks. Third party cookies for behavioral marketing/retargeting: these cookies are used by trusted third companies to target registered or unregistered Users who previously have interacted with or visited the Service through any electronic means.
- Third party cookies do not obtain any information regarding users’ names or the address from where they connect. The information recorded includes for example the users’ IP from which they have access, the number of page visits, the language, the city where the user’s IP address is assigned, the number of users that visit us, and the frequency or repetition of their visits. This enables CURIOSIFY to advertise its latest offers through the different affiliated websites, to monitor the advertising campaign, and to show advertisements that are adapted to users’ preferences.
You can configure your browser to accept or reject all Cookies by default, or to receive an on-screen notification each time a Cookie request is made at which point you can decide whether or not to allow said cookie to be saved onto your hard drive. To this end, we recommend that you consult the help section of your browser for information on how to change the settings that you currently use.
Should you decide to reject all Cookies, you will continue to be able to navigate the Platform but your access to certain sections may be limited.
For more information regarding how to manage cookies, we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
Last update: May 16, 2019.